My host dad's birthday party

 This is my host family. Me, Yanine, my host mom (Kelly), my host dad (Pedro), Maira, Marcia, and Bianca

 They eat a lot of corn and meat here. There are 4 meals a day: desayuno (breakfast consisting of coffee or fresh juice and toast), almuerzo (this is the main meal of the day. Everyone gets together to have a big spread of things like rice, empanadas, corn-bread-like dishes, potatoes, sausage, chicken wings, meat, or a chard pastry.), merienda (another meal around 6:00 that is the same food as the desayuno), and finally the cena (a smaller version of the almuerzo around 11:00pm). This is a picture of a more adventurous dish I tried... sausage filled with cow blood.

We hosted a giant party at our house for my host dad's 70th birthday. About 60 family members came over. Here are some of the cousins (all around my age): Kati, Bianca, Me, Pame, Karen, Marcia, Lupe, Katia, and Yanine

Dancing out in the back yard. They hired a DJ with a full on sound system, light machines, a fog machine, etc. All the cousins stayed up partying until 4:30am.

 Sisters
 Lupe and Pame took me out to the country near a lake in a town called Aregua.

Cooking is a social event. It seems like we are always preparing food. This is me, Karen, Lupe, Yanine, and Bianca.

Comments

Popular Posts